Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Nneka Concert!


For those who do not know who Nneka is, "y'all better ask somebody". She is a half Nigerian, half German neo soul singer. She started her musical career in Germany after getting influenced by artists such as Fela Anikulapo Kuti and Bob Marley. Her first major breakthrough song was heartbeat but she has many more amazing songs (read about her here).
So we went to her concert and it was sooooooo live!The openning band was really good too. i forgot their name. i was really interested in seeing how she would communicate with the french crowd being that she has a pretty thick Nigerian accent and to my surprise, she spoke like she always does and for the most part she was understood. Even my friend Natasha was speaking pidgin and didn't know it. I have two clips of her performing "Walking" and "V.I.P" (vagabonds in power). I wasn't allowed to take my camera into the concert but my friend was allowed to so all these pics and videos are courtesy of her. Excuse the blurriness in some photos, we were having too much fun to focus on the camera.












No comments:

Post a Comment